Definition of abhorrence:
crime, curse, odium, nuisance, iniquity, plague, annoyance, villainy, wickedness, bugbear, revulsion, abomination, horror, anathema, detestation, offense, repellency, evil, execration, study ataversion, love, repellence, repugnancy, loathing, abuse, shame, condemnation.
- dislike (part of speech: noun)
- ugliness (part of speech: noun)
- hate (part of speech: noun)
- "The Key To Peace", A. Marie Miles.
He contended that to support the government and the constitution on which it was based was to endorse a despotic state, and he went on to express his abhorrence for the system which destroyed him and his people.- "The Black Experience in America The Immigrant Heritage of America", Norman Coombs.
- "Great Expectations", Charles Dickens.