Definition of abhorrent:
noxious, mean, offensive, foul, detestable, distasteful, nauseous, scornful, horrible, obnoxious, infamous, dreadful, gross, horrendous, nasty, shocking, despicable, horrid, scandalous, sickening, repugnant, shabby, fulsome, contemptible, despisable, rancid, low, filthy, lousy, nauseating, abominable, evil, good, revolting, nefarious, disgusting, loathsome, salacious, rotten, lewd, execrable, awful, raunchy, obscene, repulsive, antipathetic, study atoffensive, wretched, disdainful, noisome, vile, appalling.
- hateful (part of speech: adjective)
- ugly (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Works of the Right Honourable Edmund Burke, Vol. VI. (of 12)", Edmund Burke.
- "Giorgione", Herbert Cook.
- "Studies in Literature and History", Sir Alfred Comyn Lyall.