Definition of abortion:
- Any fruit or produce that does not come to maturity, or anything which in its progress, before it is matured or perfect; a complete failure; as, his attempt proved an abortion.
- Arrest of development of any organ, so that it remains an imperfect formation or is absorbed.
- The act of giving premature birth; particularly, the expulsion of the human fetus prematurely, or before it is capable of sustaining life; miscarriage.
- The immature product of an untimely birth.
- "State of the Union Addresses of Ronald Reagan", Ronald Reagan.
- "The Progressionists, and Angela.", Conrad von Bolanden.
- "The Prospective Mother A Handbook for Women During Pregnancy", J. Morris Slemons.