Definition of absent:
- Being away from a place; withdrawn from a place; not present.
- Inattentive to what is passing; absent- minded; preoccupied; as, an absent air.
- Not existing; lacking; as, the part was rudimental or absent.
- To take or withdraw ( one's self) to such a distance as to prevent intercourse; - used with the reflexive pronoun.
- To withhold from being present.
take out, deficient, distrait, indifferent, slay, rattlebrained, absentminded, out of sight, absorbed, abroad, transfer, excess, moved, missing, take away, gone, withdraw, inattentive, rattlepated, lost, nonexistent, scatterbrained, polish off, away, devoid, bemused, off, absence, overseas, awareness, get rid of, remove, abstracted, removed, taken, scatty, ability, hit, lacking, bump off, wanting, dispatch, murder, here, present, awol, move out, truant, take, vanished, departed, listless, astray.
- absent (part of speech: adjective)
- leave (part of speech: verb)
- inattentive (part of speech: adjective)
- "Lover or Friend", Rosa Nouchette Carey.
- "Denzil Quarrier", George Gissing.
- "Dora Thorne", Charlotte M. Braeme.