Definition of absorbent:
- Absorbing; swallowing; absorptive.
- Any substance which absorbs and neutralizes acid fluid in the stomach and bowels, as magnesia, chalk, etc.; also a substance e. g., iodine) which acts on the absorbent vessels so as to reduce enlarged and indurated parts.
- Anything which absorbs.
- The vessels by which the processes of absorption are carried on, as the lymphatics in animals, the extremities of the roots in plants.
- "If You're Going to Live in the Country", Thomas H. Ormsbee and Richmond Huntley.
- "Peggy Stewart at School", Gabrielle E. Jackson.
- "The Mother and Her Child", William S. Sadler Lena K. Sadler.