Definition of accessory:
- Accompanying as a subordinate; aiding in a secondary way; additional; connected as an incident or subordinate to a principal; contributing or contributory; said of persons and things, and, when of persons, usually in a bad sense; as, he was accessory to the riot; accessory sounds in music.
- Anything that enters into a work of art without being indispensably necessary, as mere ornamental parts.
- Same as Accessary, n.
- That which belongs to something else deemed the principal; something additional and subordinate.
supplemental, paraphernalia, drug baron, array, collateral, retainer, colleague, accouterment, ally, child molester, con woman, civvies, add-on, abetter _or_ abettor, auxiliary, appurtenant, accessary, overlay, help, ancillary, black, supplement, subsidiary, coadjutor, embellishment, abductor, appurtenance, decor, con artist, accessorial, participator, patterning, baggies, conman, combats, border, increase, coordinates, arsonist, beachwear, improver, drug lord, black tie, accoutrement, postscript, detailing, supplementary, adjuvant, confederate, gear, conspirator, supplementation, casuals, supportive, contributory, trim, peripheral, adjunct, decoration, fence.
- accompaniment (part of speech: noun)
assistant (part of speech: noun)
Though we do not know that Knox was ever " accessory to the death of a single individual for his religious opinions," we do know that he had not the chance; the Government, at most, and years later, put one priest to death.- "John Knox and the Reformation", Andrew Lang.
- "Dr. Johnson and His Circle", John Bailey.
- "Diseases of the Horse's Foot", Harry Caulton Reeks.