Definition of acclaim:
cheers, kudos, adulation, approbation, magnify, panegyric, acclamation, encomium, plaudit, harbinger, plaudits, cheering, pomp, come, announce, clap, sycophancy, hail, herald, spat, eclat, foretell, panegyrize, annunciate, laudation, celebration.
- approval (part of speech: noun)
- praise (part of speech: verb)
- reputation (part of speech: noun)
- celebrate (part of speech: verb)
In his childish simplicity he had anticipated an outburst of enthusiasm; a Republican Chamber could but acclaim him for having saved the Republic; and now the frigidity of one and all quite froze him.- "Paris From the "Three Cities"", Emile Zola.
- "The Valley of Decision", Edith Wharton.
- "Ancient Ballads and Legends of Hindustan", Toru Dutt.