Definition of accommodate:
- Suitable; fit; adapted; as, means accommodate to end.
- To adapt one's self; to be conformable or adapted.
- To bring into agreement or harmony; to reconcile; to compose; to adjust; to settle; as, to accommodate differences, a dispute, etc.
- To furnish with something desired, needed, or convenient; to favor; to oblige; as, to accommodate a friend with a loan or with lodgings.
- To render fit, suitable, or correspondent; to adapt; to conform; as, to accommodate ourselves to circumstances.
- To show the correspondence of; to apply or make suit by analogy; to adapt or fit, as teachings to accidental circumstances, statements to facts, etc.; as, to accommodate prophecy to events.
keep, gruntle, support, obtain, catch, bestow, add on, square, camp, book, take in, allow in, accept, study at, furnish, restrain, confine, serve, house, aid, placate, take for, apply, file, reserve, nurse, maintain, harbour, meet, gentle, help, bear, cater, fit out, shape, provide, assist, modify, lodge, concur, throw, involve, bow, protection, feed, defer, welcome, put, count in, shelter, change, bivouac, full, bed, control, roof, defy, obligate, lenify, pacify, halt, supply, entertain, resign, acknowledge, gibe, hold in, suit, hold, compose, hold up, condition, inconvenience, chamber, concord, bar, bind, let in, domicile, intromit, match, jibe, charge, check, tender, integrate, harmonise, acclimatize, accustom, view as, oblige, comfort, board, billet, acclimate, accord, outfit, beseem, tally, go for, go, avail, incorporate, harbor, coordinate, ply with, discommode, conform to, room, make up, take, convenience, encamp, fit, acclimatize, deposit, bunk, withstand, have, keep back, tailor, edit, profit, carry, admit, assuage, adjudge, put up, humor, retain, submit, compel, adapt, reconcile, become, guard, disrupt, agree, embrace, lay on, turn out, wedge, equip, have got, quarter, confuse, key, tune, nourish, arrest, befit, declare, moderate, give, take on, berth, correspond, sustain, make, contents, please, conciliate, patch up, build in, conform, mollify, prevail, arrange, hold back, fashion, deem, proportion, harmonize, attune, defend, pamper, curb, stick, doctor, take hold.
- compromise (part of speech: verb)
- oblige (part of speech: verb)
- contain (part of speech: verb)
- "Shadow Mountain", Dane Coolidge.
- "Stories Of Georgia 1896", Joel Chandler Harris.
- "The Chief Legatee", Anna Katharine Green.