Definition of accommodation:
- A loan of money.
- An accommodation bill or note.
- An adjustment of differences; state of agreement; reconciliation; settlement.
- The act of fitting or adapting, or the state of being fitted or adapted; adaptation; adjustment; - followed by to.
- The application of a writer's language, on the ground of analogy, to something not originally referred to or intended.
- Whatever supplies a want or affords ease, refreshment, or convenience; anything furnished which is desired or needful; - often in the plural; as, the accommodations - that is, lodgings and food - at an inn.
- Willingness to accommodate; obligingness.
change, try-on, amenity, apartment, benevolence, kindness, comfort, appointment, lodgment, agree, ease, condominium, trying on, creature comfort, digs, give-and-take, lodging, arrangement, medium, bachelor pad, adjustment, bachelor apartment, alteration, conformation, modification, mod con, readjustment, duplex, convenience, adaption, luxury, bedsit, condo, accommodations, service, fitting, agreement, adjustment 1, acclimation, registration, acclimatization, negotiation, aid, composition, adaptation, nicety.
- "The Vizier of the Two-Horned Alexander", Frank R. Stockton.
- "The Card, A Story Of Adventure In The Five Towns", Arnold Bennett.
- "The Sequel of Appomattox A Chronicle of the Reunion of the States, Volume 32 In The Chronicles Of America Series", Walter Lynwood Fleming.