Definition of accurate :
1. In exact or careful conformity to truth, or to some standard of requirement, the result of care or pains; free from failure, error, or defect; exact; as, an accurate calculator; an accurate measure; accurate expression, knowledge, etc.
2. Precisely fixed; executed with care; careful.
judicious, close, consummate, erroneous, OK, blameless, clear-cut, deft, distinct, sharp, entire, undefiled, unquestionable, unprejudiced, systematic, faithful, solid, reasonable, just, rational, matter-of-fact, complete, finished, completed, final, careless, sound, rigid, false, perfect, fundamental, holy, unblemished, faulty, unerring, conclusive, sinless, reliable, detached, dead on target, certain, nice, unimpeachable, ideal, word-for-word, objective, authoritative, real, skillful, faultless, straight, dependable, stainless, high-fidelity, infallible, scientific, undisputed, hi-fi, disinterested, immaculate, absolute, right on, errorless, veridical, trustworthy, well-defined, inaccurate, definitive, dead-on, unambiguous, spotless, undeniable
fastidious (part of speech: adjective)
fastidious, methodical, hypercritical, persnickety, Epicurean, delicate, mincing, diligent, demanding, punctilious, finicky, exacting, critical, perspicacious, qualmish, rigorous, flawless, particular, careful, fussy, choosy, priggish, picky, prim, proper, literal, prudish, discerning, severe, scrupulous, dainty, discriminating, meticulous, squeamish, conscientious
correct (part of speech: adjective)
literal (part of speech: adjective)
precise (part of speech: adjective)
veracious (part of speech: adjective)
- He has taken his material wherever he could find it, making sure only that it was accurate, and his sole purpose has been to give, in as few words as possible, a correct impression of the man and what he did. - "American Men of Action", Burton E. Stevenson.
- Apart from his knowledge of the wilds, Carnally had shown a power of close and accurate reasoning which had surprised him. - "For the Allinson Honor", Harold Bindloss.
- With the most accurate hunting rifle ever made, a " dead rest," and a large mark practically motionless, it was no wonder that nearly every shot meant a dead buffalo. - "The Extermination of the American Bison", William T. Hornaday.