Definition of acid:
- A sour substance.
- One of a class of compounds, generally but not always distinguished by their sour taste, solubility in water, and reddening of vegetable blue or violet colors. They are also characterized by the power of destroying the distinctive properties of alkalies or bases, combining with them to form salts, at the same time losing their own peculiar properties. They all contain hydrogen, united with a more negative element or radical, either alone, or more generally with oxygen, and take their names from this negative element or radical. Those which contain no oxygen are sometimes called hydracids in distinction from the others which are called oxygen acids or oxacids.
- Sour, sharp, or biting to the taste; tart; having the taste of vinegar: as, acid fruits or liquors. Also fig.: Sour- tempered.
harsh, blistering, unpleasant, irate, trenchant, acidulated, dosage, scathing, brackish, sulfurous, LSD, accusatory, mordant, loony toons, venereal disease, anabolic steroid, compound, venomous, dot, ad hominem, catalyst, flavored, scalding, panelling, acidulous, taste, study at, superman, sourish, cocaine, window glass, caustic, virulent, angel dust, element, sardonic, dit, crack, base, venereal infection, stifling, pane, controlled substance, cannabis, sulphurous, sexually transmitted disease, coke, bitter, attack, vinegarish, smart-mouthed, sultry, ornery, slashing, demigod, pane of glass, acidic, alkali, tartish, lysergic acid diethylamide, battery-acid, stinging, chocolatey, acetic acid, blistery, chocolate, mordacious, deadly, vinegary, red-hot, accusing, dyspeptic, truculent, barbed, acetous, cutting, dry, bloody-minded, back breaker, splenetic, corrosive, acerbic, ill-natured, charlie, tangy, hot, respect, acidify, point, sarcastic, chemical, fiery, acidity, snarky, chloride, biting, smart-aleck, pungent, window pane, satiric, sharp, vitriolic, bittersweet, erosive, acrid, smart-alecky, acidulent, ill-humored, savage, astringent, agrochemical, social disease, acerb, bilious, disagreeable, paneling, homocysteine, dose, Class A drug, carboniferous.
- acid (part of speech: noun)
- irritable (part of speech: adjective)
- "Comrade Yetta", Albert Edwards.
If you regularly use the acid form of vitamin C powder, which is the cheapest, be sure to use a straw and dissolve it in water or juice so that the acid does not dissolve the enamel on your teeth over time.- "How and When to Be Your Own Doctor", Dr. Isabelle A. Moser with Steve Solomon.
- "The Bars of Iron", Ethel May Dell.