Definition of acknowledgment:
- A declaration or avowal of one's own act, to give it legal validity; as, the acknowledgment of a deed before a proper officer. Also, the certificate of the officer attesting such declaration.
- Something given or done in return for a favor, message, etc.
- The act of acknowledging; admission; avowal; owning; confession.
- The act of owning or recognized in a particular character or relationship; recognition as regards the existence, authority, truth, or genuineness.
- The owning of a benefit received; courteous recognition; expression of thanks.
extension, point of reference, credit, confession, nod, assent, recognition, compliance, source, character, reference point, credit entry, thanks, commendation, reference book, address, quotation, accession, signature, acknowledgement, reference work, profession, apology, denotation, gift, realisation, plea, knowledge, concession, credit rating, token, course credit, mention, honorable mention, greeting, applause, contract, cite, computer address, consultation, support, asseveration, concurrence, reference, bouquet, character reference, bow, guarantee, show, allowance, quote, identification, acceptance, citation, affirm, book of facts, bestowal, exculpation, acclamation, vindication, realization, receipt, deferred payment.
- affirmation (part of speech: noun)
- correspondence (part of speech: noun)
- response (part of speech: noun)
- answer (part of speech: noun)
- "The Lights and Shadows of Real Life", T.S. Arthur Edition: 10 Language: English.
- "Andreas Hofer", Lousia Muhlbach.
- "Complete State of the Union Addresses from 1790 to the Present", Various.