Definition of acquaint:
- To communicate notice to; to inform; to make cognizant; - followed by with ( formerly, also, by of), or by that, introducing the intelligence; as, to acquaint a friend with the particulars of an act.
- To familiarize; to accustom.
- To furnish or give experimental knowledge of; to make ( one) to know; to make familiar; - followed by with.
innovate, advise, enclose, introduce, knowledge, deliver, teach, face, pose, precede, study at, insert, award, tell, salute, gift, stick in, demonstrate, demo, premise, exhibit, usher in, confront, show, inform, represent, infix, familiarize with, enter, stage, familiarize, portray, bring out, lay out, present, notify, give, put in, submit, enlighten, inaugurate, educate, inclose, bring in, familiarise, preface, apprise.
- "Stonewall Jackson And The American Civil War", G. F. R. Henderson.
- "Christmas Stories", Edward Berens.
- "The Memoirs of Louis XIV., Volume 12 And His Court and of The Regency", Duc de Saint-Simon.