Definition of acquiring:
- adding (part of speech: verb)
acquiring (part of speech: verb)
- possessing (part of speech: verb)
- receiving (part of speech: verb)
- taking (part of speech: verb)
- "The Critical Period of American History", John Fiske.
How well do I remember a visit, made in my youth, to a school friend whom I had learned to admire greatly for her superior intellect, quick wit, power of acquiring knowledge, and ability to recite well in class.- "Letters to a Daughter and A Little Sermon to School Girls", Helen Ekin Starrett.
- "Hero Tales and Legends of the Serbians", Woislav M. Petrovitch.