Definition of acquitted:
- acquited (part of speech: verb)
- vindicated (part of speech: verb)
- forgave (part of speech: verb)
Anthony really acquitted himself with great credit, considering the extreme strangeness of his position; but such an intense weight had been lifted off his mind by the Queen's pardon of James Maxwell, that his nature was alight with a kind of intoxication.- "By What Authority?", Robert Hugh Benson.
- "Shenac's Work at Home", Margaret Murray Robertson.
- "Journal of an African Cruiser", Horatio Bridge.