Definition of actor:
sham, pseud, imposter, heroine, mummer, thespian, performer, hero, pseudo, mimic, action, ham, musician, impersonator, fake, pretender, entertainer, fraud, doer, lead, participant, heavy, supernumerary, role player, instrumentalist, tragedian, principal, cast, character, proletarian, player, shammer, performing arts, villain, faker, star, mime, understudy, actress, worker, party, impostor, artist, prole, promoter, means, mover, participate, stand-in, protagonist, extra, operator, juvenile, histrion.
- agent (part of speech: noun)
- humorist (part of speech: noun)
- "The Celestial Omnibus and other Stories", E. M. Forster.
- "The Film Mystery", Arthur B. Reeve.
- "The Aspirations of Jean Servien", Anatole France.