Definition of acuteness:
- Shrillness; high pitch; - said of sounds.
- The faculty of nice discernment or perception; acumen; keenness; sharpness; sensitiveness; -- applied to the senses, or the understanding. By acuteness of feeling, we perceive small objects or slight impressions: by acuteness of intellect, we discern nice distinctions.
- The quality of being acute or pointed; sharpness; as, the acuteness of an angle.
- Violence of a disease, which brings it speedily to a crisis.
eagerness, sagacity, sharpness, visual acuity, forcefulness, distinctness, bite, pungency, keenness, acumen, fierceness, insight, raciness, edge, avidity, sharp-sightedness, cleverness, acuity, perspicacity, discernment, penetration, astuteness, avidness, asperity, shrewdness.
- painfulness (part of speech: noun)
- shrillness (part of speech: noun)
severity (part of speech: noun)
- "A Biographical Dictionary of Freethinkers of All Ages and Nations", Joseph Mazzini Wheeler.
- "The Golden Scarecrow", Hugh Walpole.
- "The Hidden Places", Bertrand W. Sinclair.