Definition of address:
- A formal communication, either written or spoken; a discourse; a speech; a formal application to any one; a petition; a formal statement on some subject or special occasion; as, an address of thanks, an address to the voters.
- Act of addressing one's self to a person; verbal application.
- Act of preparing one's self.
- Attention in the way one's addresses to a lady.
- Direction or superscription of a letter, or the name, title, and place of residence of the person addressed.
- Manner of speaking to another; delivery; as, a man of pleasing or insinuating address.
- Reflexively: To prepare one's self; to apply one's skill or energies ( to some object); to betake.
- Skill; skillful management; dexterity; adroitness.
- To aim; to direct.
- To clothe or array; to dress.
- To consign or intrust to the care of another, as agent or factor; as, the ship was addressed to a merchant in Baltimore.
- To direct in writing, as a letter; to superscribe, or to direct and transmit; as, he addressed a letter.
- To direct speech to; to make a communication to, whether spoken or written; to apply to by words, as by a speech, petition, etc., to speak to; to accost.
- To direct speech.
- To direct, as words ( to any one or any thing); to make, as a speech, petition, etc. ( to any one, an audience).
- To make suit to as a lover; to court; to woo.
- To prepare one's self.
- To prepare or make ready.
take aim, administer, citation, cost, mete out, conduct, deal out, credit, apportion, residence, speech communication, come up to, handle, manner of speaking, make do, track, visit, spoken communication, channelise, regale, treat, lead, guide, hatch, call, accost, acknowledgment, divvy up, squall, talk, do by, verbalize, reference point, consign, look at, predict, superscription, denotation, start, sermon, talking to, traverse, overcompensate, head, verbalise, care for, inscription, enshroud, cover, prelect, focus, palm, source, cross, give, portion out, bend, hide, orchestrate, compensate, spread over, call up, superscribe, anticipate, make out, oral communication, channelize, book of facts, cry, quarters, carry on, encompass, reference book, place, devote, sue, mastermind, speech, take, send, wield, hotel, language, calculate, shroud, move, concentrate, manoeuvre, shout, shell out, spoken language, grapple, computer address, point, dwelling, dispatch, get across, target, dispense, call off, promise, buckle down, deal, dedicate, extend, savoir-faire, bespeak, forward, overlay, prognosticate, finish, point of reference, words, ship, foretell, plow, pass over, plough, underwrite, care, cut across, lecture, turn to, engineer, sell, embrace, dish out, cut through, destination, collect, get over, character, manage, home, speak, aim, hail, incubate, salute, oration, character reference, goal, business, continue, call in, direct, turn, lot, distribute, contend, holler, shout out, get by, ring, terminus, mouth, voice communication, telephone, quotation, position, breed, consultation, send for, reference work, trade, number, utter, dole out, parcel out, manoeuver, hollo, train, allot, process, reference, label, cite, route, speak to, woo, scream, mention, location, apostrophize, phone, organize, cover up, actor's line, yell, insure, report, name, organise, comprehend, court, cope, steer, name and address, hook, transmit, consider, work, share, forebode, extension, study at, maneuver, wrap up, brood, delivery.
- appeal (part of speech: verb)
- behavior (part of speech: noun)
- "The Sky Pilot in No Man's Land", Ralph Connor.
- "Bunny Brown and his Sister Sue Giving a Show", Laura Lee Hope.
- "Kent Knowles: Quahaug", Joseph C. Lincoln.