Definition of adequate:
qualified, excess, fit, equal, up to, adapted, decent, fitted, competent, fair to middling, moderate, all right, fairish, nice, capable, seemly, good, fitting, OK, fair, comfortable, tidy, decorous, commensurate, comme il faut, average, sufficient, comely, respectable, adequate to, able, common, enough, passable, equal to, goodish, becoming.
- acceptable (part of speech: adjective)
- sufficient (part of speech: adjective)
- "Eastern Shame Girl The Wedding of Ya-Nei; A Strange Destiny; The Error of the Embroidered Slipper; The Counterfeit Old Woman; The Monastery of the Esteemed-Lotus; A Complicated Marriage", Charles Georges Souli.
- "Canoeing in the wilderness", Henry David Thoreau.
- "The Expositor's Bible: Colossians and Philemon", Alexander Maclaren.