Definition of adherence:
estimation, tenderness, love, fond regard, affection, regard, hamper, fastening, chemical bond, bond paper, attachment, adhesion, shackle, connect, bail bond, devotion, friendship, esteem, trammel, bond, adhesiveness, bond certificate, bail, inclination.
- cohesion (part of speech: noun)
- conformity (part of speech: noun)
- junction (part of speech: noun)
compliance (part of speech: noun)
- "Roman Society from Nero to Marcus Aurelius", Samuel Dill.
- "Around the World with Josiah Allen's Wife", Marietta Holley.
It is by a steady adherence to these principles that the Indian Civil Service has been raised to its present high character for integrity and ability; and the native army made what it really is, faithful and devoted to its rulers, and ready to serve them in any quarter of the world.- "Rambles and Recollections of an Indian Official", William Sleeman.