Definition of adjacent:
- having a common boundary or edge; touching; " abutting lots"; " adjoining rooms"; " Rhode Island has two bordering states; Massachusetts and Conncecticut"; " the side of Germany conterminous with France"; " Utah and the contiguous state of Idaho"; " neighboring cities"
- Lying near, close, or contiguous; neighboring; bordering on; as, a field adjacent to the highway.
- That which is adjacent.
- joined (part of speech: adjective)
- near (part of speech: adjective)
- "Hertzian Wave Wireless Telegraphy", John Ambrose Fleming.
- "The Tempering", Charles Neville Buck.
In those days the public schools provided nothing in the way of training in the practical arts, and a large work along these lines was carried on among the boys and girls who lived in the districts adjacent to Christ Church.- "Frank H. Nelson of Cincinnati", Warren C. Herrick.