Definition of admire:
- To regard with wonder and delight; to look upon with an elevated feeling of pleasure, as something which calls out approbation, esteem, love, or reverence; to estimate or prize highly; as, to admire a person of high moral worth, to admire a landscape.
- To regard with wonder or astonishment; to view with surprise; to marvel at.
- To wonder; to marvel; to be affected with surprise; - sometimes with at.
- like (part of speech: verb)
- love (part of speech: verb)
- idolize (part of speech: verb)
- praise (part of speech: verb)
- worship (part of speech: verb)
- respect (part of speech: verb)
- "His Sombre Rivals", E. P. Roe.
- "The Complete Project Gutenberg Works of George Meredith", George Meredith.
- "Mr. Midshipman Easy", Captain Frederick Marryat.