Definition of admonishing:
- cautioning (part of speech: verb)
- advising (part of speech: verb)
- disapproving (part of speech: verb)
- dissuading (part of speech: verb)
- threatening (part of speech: verb)
- "Simon Dale", Anthony Hope.
I think at this moment I see my mother before me, reclining on her sofa, and repeating to me some story about Queen Elizabeth and Lord Essex; then telling me, in a languid voice, as she sank back with the exertion, of the blessings of a literary taste, and admonishing me never to read above half an hour at a time for fear of losing my health.- "Pelham, Complete", Edward Bulwer-Lytton Last Updated: March 16, 2009.
- "The Squatter and the Don", C. Loyal.