Definition of adulterate:
laden, stretch out, devalued, impure, extend, profane, corrupted, thin, demoralise, sophisticate, alloy, misdirect, cut, degraded, stretch, adulterated, load, clean, stretch along, unfold, load up, vitiated, reduce, charge, lade, elongate, debase, debased, thin out, subvert, dilute.
- contaminate (part of speech: verb)
- weaken (part of speech: verb)
- pervert (part of speech: verb)
- "The Medicinal Plants of the Philippines", T. H. Pardo de Tavera.
- "Monopolies and the People", Charles Whiting Baker.
The manufacture of jellies, preserves, sirups, and various kinds of pickles and condiments has perhaps afforded the largest field for adulterations, although it is possible to adulterate nearly all of the leading articles of food.- "Physiology and Hygiene for Secondary Schools", Francis M. Walters, A.M..