Definition of advance :
1. A furnishing of something before an equivalent is received ( as money or goods), towards a capital or stock, or on loan; payment beforehand; the money or goods thus furnished; money or value supplied beforehand.
2. An addition to the price; rise in price or value; as, an advance on the prime cost of goods.
3. Before in place, or beforehand in time; - used for advanced; as, an advance guard, or that before the main guard or body of an army; advance payment, or that made before it is due.
4. Improvement or progression, physically, mentally, morally, or socially; as, an advance in health, knowledge, or religion; an advance in rank or office.
5. The act of advancing or moving forward or upward; progress.
6. The first step towards the attainment of a result; approach made to gain favor, to form an acquaintance, to adjust a difference, etc.; an overture; a tender; an offer; - usually in the plural.
7. To accelerate the growth or progress; to further; to forward; to help on; to aid; to heighten; as, to advance the ripening of fruit; to advance one's interests.
8. To bring forward; to move towards the van or front; to make to go on.
9. To bring to view or notice; to offer or propose; to show; as, to advance an argument.
10. To extol; to laud.
11. To furnish, as money or other value, before it becomes due, or in aid of an enterprise; to supply beforehand; as, a merchant advances money on a contract or on goods consigned to him.
12. To increase or make progress in any respect; as, to advance in knowledge, in stature, in years, in price.
13. To make earlier, as an event or date; to hasten.
14. To move or go forward; to proceed; as, he advanced to greet me.
15. To raise to a higher point; to enhance; to raise in rate; as, to advance the price of goods.
16. To raise to a higher rank; to promote.
17. To raise; to elevate.
18. To rise in rank, office, or consequence; to be preferred or promoted.
barbel, make, expel, call up, gratuity, make for, farm, carry on, provoke, recruit, toss, going, put up, put before, gain ground, set up, march, pull in, prelude, cash advance, starvation wages, advancement, show up, front, flirtatious, furtherance, go through the roof, bring home the bacon, bestride, evoke, down payment, make headway, stir, forward, come out, throw away, go on, payback, path, suggest, benefit, momentum, kick upstairs, bring up, on the make, put away, pass along, soar, antecedent, hike, drum out, get up, in advance, a giant step/leap/stride, say, betterment, maintain, advertize, work up, reach, get on with, contribution, ascent, turn up, guide, flirt, boot out, elicit, plead, mount, spend, introduce, allege, advanced, turn over, before, throw out, senesce, living, approach shot, tease, assign, earnings, rising, come on, come about, antenna, shape up, nurture, build up, communicate, cast away, forward motion, put forward, double, settlement, leaven, oust, parent, hop on, happen, keep, upraise, make toward, headway, ahead, produce, mount up, first, march on, get on, precedent, earlier, attack, get past, nurse, draw close, rising slope, track, salary increase, hit, coming, history, a fast worker, development, realize, cast aside, promotion, pressurize, make out, invoke, bring forward, clear, process, flirtation, feeler, dispose, deliver the goods, pass off, way, break through, step up, pass, get along, build, board, direction, occur, come through, ascension, put forth, the march of something, deposit, pose, fling, prior, jump on, age, pay, transfer, take in, climb, toss out, income, man-eating, creep up on, shunt, bring in, proposal, passage, early, put across, emanation, fund, adduce, appear, approach path, minimum wage, fire, glide slope, earn, acclivity, go over, jump, put on, gain on, pass on, suggestion, line, arouse, coquettish, plod along, fall out, rear, take, manhandle, precede, come near, climb on, propel, discard, conjure, payment, attain, call forth, pressurise, wage increase, salary, realise, escalate, hap, rise, patterned advance, anterior, course, performance-related pay, derive, assert, progression, acquire, foster, dismiss, push, propose, plan of attack, approaching, chuck out, profit, leave, take place, maturation, relegate, add to, enkindle, erect, angle, budge, continue, fare, go up, state, previous, glide path, come up, remittance, move on, move, coquetry, disburse, draw near, invest in, distribute, aver, set ahead, prove, propound, succeed, onward motion, pass around, declare, motion, win, toss away, maturate, enhancement, cost increase, affirm, refinement, by the time, gather, supercharge, outpace, amelioration, call down, get ahead, vote, bear the cost/expense etc., lift, kindle, conjure up, preceding, come along, advertise, since, resurrect, breakthrough, set forth, improvement, onrush, levy, beforehand, go along, mature, ascend, forge ahead, ascending, be on, circulate, get along with, cast out, melioration, barely, bear down, arrive at, procession, roll, pull ahead, finance, up front, asseverate, hand, wage, wage hike, premium, surface, pay out, float, hike up, do, preliminary, claim, kick out
facilitate (part of speech: verb)
offer (part of speech: verb)
concession, offer, issue, overture, investiture, endow, gift, present, offering, tender, impart, endowment, render, cite, attempt, submission, deal, submit, bestow, donation, citation, bestowal, give, invite, quotation, quote, grant, bid, invitation
improve (part of speech: verb)
improvement (part of speech: noun)
benefit (part of speech: verb)
progress (part of speech: verb)
expedite (part of speech: verb)
loan (part of speech: noun)
increase (part of speech: verb)
enlarge, increment, raise, magnify, upgrade, elevate, boost, heighten, multiply, accrue, reinforce, extend, increase, expand, amplify, inflate, broaden, maximize, grow, burgeon, fatten, widen, augment, add, lengthen
lend (part of speech: verb)
approach (part of speech: verb)