Definition of advantage :
1. Any condition, circumstance, opportunity, or means, particularly favorable to success, or to any desired end; benefit; as, the enemy had the advantage of a more elevated position.
2. Interest of money; increase; overplus ( as the thirteenth in the baker's dozen).
3. Superiority of state, or that which gives it; benefit; gain; profit; as, the advantage of a good constitution.
4. Superiority; mastery; - with of or over.
5. To give an advantage to; to further; to promote; to benefit; to profit.
hold, used, proceeds, utility, over, failure, lead, prestige, mastery, reinforcement, odds, eminence, sway, boot, aid, value, upper hand, protection, edge, bulge, sanction, dominance, position, handicap, be privileged, have the opportunity, purchase, jump, wealth, leverage, ascendancy, leeway, vantage, return, avail, stand someone in good stead, power, resources, drop, payoff, wages, support, expediency, better, reward, superiority, returns, usefulness, luck, supremacy, primacy, disadvantage, start, precedence, inside track, emolument, influence, serve, succeed, draw, approval, hindrance, pull, preference, choice, head start, recognition, receipts, service
benefit (part of speech: verb)
prosperity, calamity, behalf, convenience, progress, furtherance, comfort, good, gain, sake, success, promotion, boon, enjoyment, satisfaction, use, account, consolation, benefit, asset, blessing, interest, help, misfortune, pleasure, bounty, prize, improvement, welfare, weal, favor, profit, catastrophe, worth, bonus
- Midshipman Quimby started to follow up his advantage. - "Dave Darrin's First Year at Annapolis", H. Irving Hancock.
- We shall now be glad to take advantage of the opportunity of doing so." - "La Vendée An Historical Romance", Anthony Trollope.
- He might as well take advantage of it. - "The Colors of Space", Marion Zimmer Bradley.