Definition of advantage:
- Any condition, circumstance, opportunity, or means, particularly favorable to success, or to any desired end; benefit; as, the enemy had the advantage of a more elevated position.
- Interest of money; increase; overplus ( as the thirteenth in the baker's dozen).
- Superiority of state, or that which gives it; benefit; gain; profit; as, the advantage of a good constitution.
- Superiority; mastery; - with of or over.
- To give an advantage to; to further; to promote; to benefit; to profit.
hold, head start, account, avail, preference, approval, be privileged, vantage, edge, reward, help, wages, support, dominance, proceeds, power, stand someone in good stead, resources, payoff, sway, bulge, start, usefulness, inside track, succeed, upper hand, returns, pull, use, luck, primacy, return, receipts, handicap, drop, sanction, wealth, superiority, ascendancy, position, draw, failure, interest, protection, precedence, expediency, choice, disadvantage, odds, boot, leverage, better, hindrance, have the opportunity, serve, eminence, prestige, mastery, leeway, utility, recognition, used, emolument, aid, service, supremacy, purchase, jump, influence, over, lead, reinforcement, value.
benefit (part of speech: verb)
- "Dave Darrin's First Year at Annapolis", H. Irving Hancock.
- "La Vendée An Historical Romance", Anthony Trollope.
- "The Colors of Space", Marion Zimmer Bradley.