Definition of advantageously:
- beneficially (part of speech: adverb)
- fortunately (part of speech: adverb)
- usefully (part of speech: adverb)
- expediently (part of speech: adverb)
The well- informed part of the Dutch people had already acknowledged their indifference to the loss of Brabant, which is connected with France rather than with Holland, and interspersed with expensive fortresses; it might have been advantageously exchanged for the northern provinces.- "Memoirs of Napoleon Bonaparte, v10", Louis Antoine Fauvelet de Bourrienne.
Then, too, there was the Astrardente palace, which, could not lie shut up and allowed to go to ruin; but this matter was compromised advantageously by Corona's letting it to an American millionaire who wished to spend the winter in Rome.- "Sant' Ilario", F. Marion Crawford.
- "On The Principles of Political Economy, and Taxation", David Ricardo.