Definition of adventure:
- A mercantile or speculative enterprise of hazard; a venture; a shipment by a merchant on his own account.
- A remarkable occurrence; a striking event; a stirring incident; as, the adventures of one's life.
- Risk; danger; peril.
- That which happens without design; chance; hazard; hap; hence, chance of danger or loss.
- The encountering of risks; hazardous and striking enterprise; a bold undertaking, in which hazards are to be encountered, and the issue is staked upon unforeseen events; a daring feat.
- To risk, or hazard; jeopard; to venture.
- To try the chance; to take the risk.
- To venture upon; to run the risk of; to dare.
impale, take a chance, mishap, hazard, misadventure, casualty, happen, lay on the line, gage, event, risk, contingency, endanger, find, take chances, pretend, chance, game, lark, menace, peril, safety, encounter, threaten, dangerous undertaking, imperil, stake, gamble, run a risk, hap, back, disaster, jeopardize, post, venture, escapade, risky venture, jeopardise, experience, guess, embark, bump, incident, misfortune, possibility, put on the line, punt, emprise, calamity, happening, compromise, bet on.
- chance (part of speech: noun)
- venture (part of speech: noun)
- endeavor (part of speech: noun)
- "The Promised Land", Mary Antin.
- "Smoke Bellew", Jack London.
- "The Blue Envelope", Roy J. Snell.