Definition of adversary:
- enemy (part of speech: noun)
- combatant (part of speech: noun)
- opponent (part of speech: noun)
- opposite side (part of speech: noun)
opposition (part of speech: noun)
- "Moon Lore", Timothy Harley.
The early writers were struck with the fact that the character of the exercise in this game was fitted to develop the young warriors for the war path, and they commented on the practice that they thus acquired in rapid running and in avoiding blows from an instrument in the hands of an adversary.- "Indian Games", Andrew McFarland Davis.
- "The Prussian Terror", Alexandre Dumas.