Definition of advise:
- To consider; to deliberate.
- To give advice to; to offer an opinion, as worthy or expedient to be followed; to counsel; to warn.
- To give information or notice to; to inform; - with of before the thing communicated; as, we were advised of the risk.
- To take counsel; to consult; - followed by with; as, to advise with friends.
rede, paint a picture, aim, can, give the sack, dismiss, acquaint, meet, straighten out, project, offer, displace, opinion, declare oneself, powwow, preach, words, point out, counsel, talk, urge, send away, terminate, dissuade, sack, notify, parley, collect, apprize, nominate, give the axe, persuade, evoke, coax, wise up, induce, force out, apprise, charge, propose, educate, intimate, prescribe, appreciate, tell, hint, teach, make known, pop the question, purpose, entreat, send word, mentor, suggest, enlighten, indicate, opine, interpret, knowledge, deliberate, steer, purport, revalue, fire, give notice.
- advise (part of speech: verb)
- warn (part of speech: verb)
- caution (part of speech: verb)