Definition of aerial:
- Consisting of air; resembling, or partaking of the nature of air. Hence: Unsubstantial; unreal.
- Growing, forming, or existing in the air, as opposed to growing or existing in earth or water, or underground; as, aerial rootlets, aerial plants.
- Light as air; ethereal.
- Of or pertaining to the air, or atmosphere; inhabiting or frequenting the air; produced by or found in the air; performed in the air; as, aerial regions or currents.
- Rising aloft in air; high; lofty; as, aerial spires.
air, antenna, unreal, animated, atmospheric, joyous, visionary, diaphanous, unsubstantial, elevated, aired, pneumatic, transparent, sky-high, vaporous, thick, gossamer, filmy, fairylike, impractical, frolicsome, towering, gay, soaring, airy, aery, light, airborne, transmitting aerial, atmospheric, gossamery, air-minded, lively, high-flying, up above, breath, airlike, supernal, high, lofty, on the ether waves, celestial, forward pass, aeronautical, aeriform, vapory, lofty, fanciful, sheer, gauzy, windy, sprightly, birdlike, insubstantial, flying, feeler, ethereal, high.
- "Dave Dashaway and his Hydroplane", Roy Rockwood.
- "Kelly Miller's History of the World War for Human Rights", Kelly Miller.
But why these rapturous insects should that day take such a wonderful aerial excursion, and why their webs should at once become so gross and material as to be considerably more weighty than air, and to descend with precipitation, is a matter beyond my skill.- "The-Natural-History-of-Selborne", White, Gilbert.