Definition of aerial :
1. Consisting of air; resembling, or partaking of the nature of air. Hence: Unsubstantial; unreal.
2. Growing, forming, or existing in the air, as opposed to growing or existing in earth or water, or underground; as, aerial rootlets, aerial plants.
3. Light as air; ethereal.
4. Of or pertaining to the air, or atmosphere; inhabiting or frequenting the air; produced by or found in the air; performed in the air; as, aerial regions or currents.
5. Rising aloft in air; high; lofty; as, aerial spires.
aery, frolicsome, airy, gossamery, forward pass, fairylike, flying, high-flying, gossamer, airlike, sky-high, vaporous, transparent, transmitting aerial, fanciful, aired, atmospheric, light, aeriform, aeronautical, air-minded, unsubstantial, vapory, feeler, elevated, sprightly, unreal, high, visionary, ethereal, insubstantial, on the ether waves, airborne, antenna, windy, gauzy, impractical, birdlike, lofty, sheer, supernal, celestial, pneumatic, thick, animated, breath, towering, filmy, gay, lively, soaring, up above, air, diaphanous, joyous
- All aerial support was gone. - "Dave Dashaway and his Hydroplane", Roy Rockwood.
- They can rise to a height that places them fairly beyond the range of the aerial guns used for fighting the air forces of the army. - "Kelly Miller's History of the World War for Human Rights", Kelly Miller.
- But why these rapturous insects should that day take such a wonderful aerial excursion, and why their webs should at once become so gross and material as to be considerably more weighty than air, and to descend with precipitation, is a matter beyond my skill. - "The-Natural-History-of-Selborne", White, Gilbert.