Definition of affected :
1. Assumed artificially; not natural.
2. Given to false show; assuming or pretending to possess what is not natural or real.
3. Inclined; disposed; attached.
4. Made up of terms involving different powers of the unknown quantity; adfected; as, an affected equation.
5. of Affect
6. Regarded with affection; beloved.
put-on, moved, afflicted, feigned, changed, elocutionary, sympathetic, unmoved, smitten, agonistic, melodramatic, plain, honest, concerned, sorry, abnormal, melted, strained, phony, injured, interested, indifferent, concern, impressed, overwrought, struck, hurt, tender, touched, attacked, compassionate, arty, involved, altered, wonder-struck, simple, stage-struck, overwhelmed, apish, true, taken, contrived, insincere, good, constrained, hollow, pedantic, self-conscious, plummy, stricken, natural, highfalutin, simulated, precious, stirred
influenced (part of speech: verb)
diseased (part of speech: adjective)
ostentatious (part of speech: adjective)
forced, histrionic, flamboyant, snazzy, flaunting, gaudy, dashing, opulent, flagrant, vain, blatant, garish, dramatic, exhibitionistic, splashy, rakish, formal, stilted, grandiose, ostentatious, fussy, pompous, grandiloquent, boastful, flourishing, flashy, sensational, shameless, ornate, jaunty, showy
pretended (part of speech: verb)
pretentious (part of speech: adjective)
fraudulent, mock, studied, pretentious, theatrical, false, ersatz, mannered, stiff, artificial, synthetic, impersonating, masquerading, imitation, counterfeit, overdone, facade, stagy, la-di-da, fake, imposture, unnatural, deceitful, bogus, posing
- Her speech was affected a little. - "The Biography of a Rabbit", Roy Benson, Jr..
- He affected not to hear the proprietor's question. - "Lady Audley's Secret", Mary Elizabeth Braddon.
- But we affected to agree that something must be done, which sounded very well indeed. - "The Boss of Little Arcady", Harry Leon Wilson.