Definition of affiliate:
- To adopt; to receive into a family as a son; hence, to bring or receive into close connection; to ally.
- To attach ( to) or unite ( with); to receive into a society as a member, and initiate into its mysteries, plans, etc.; - followed by to or with.
- To connect in the way of descent; to trace origin to.
- To connect or associate one's self; - followed by with; as, they affiliate with no party.
- To fix the paternity of; - said of an illegitimate child; as, to affiliate the child to ( or on or upon) one man rather than another.
cohort, fellow, accord, partner, assort, conjoin, run, link, classify, sort, colleague, separate, tie in, associate, bind, part, sort out, fit in, member, branch, link up, agree, combine, class, concord, colligate, subsidiary, consort, division, harmonize, harmonise, copartner, consociate, branch.
- co-operate (part of speech: verb)
- relate (part of speech: verb)
- join (part of speech: verb)
- "The History of the Negro Church", Carter Godwin Woodson.
The prim young maidens who affiliate with the Young Men's Christian Association of San Francisco- who furnish the posies for their festivals, and assist in the singing of psalms- have a gymnasium in the temple.- "The Fiend's Delight", Dod Grile.
What is gained by telling us that 'Sardanapalus' is perhaps hardly equal to 'Sheridan, ' that Lord Tennyson's ballad of The Revenge and his Ode on the Death of the Duke of Wellington are worthy of a place beside Thomson's Rule Britannia, that Edgar Allan Poe, Disraeli and Mr. Alfred Austin are artists of note whom we may affiliate on Byron, and that if Sappho and Milton 'had not high genius, they would be justly reproached as sensational'?- "Reviews", Oscar Wilde.