Definition of affirmation:
- A solemn declaration made under the penalties of perjury, by persons who conscientiously decline taking an oath, which declaration is in law equivalent to an oath.
- Confirmation of anything established; ratification; as, the affirmation of a law.
- That which is asserted; an assertion; a positive statement; an averment; as, an affirmation, by the vender, of title to property sold, or of its quality.
- The act of affirming or asserting as true; assertion; - opposed to negation or denial.
program line, regard, insistence, asseveration, admiration, affidavit, proof, praise, accusation, witness, credit, allegation, statement, avouchment, brownie points, deposition, avowal, a pat on the back, law, affirm, argument, profession, averment, acclaim, recognition, apologia, financial statement, command, apology, announcement, instruction, compliment, evidence.
- approval (part of speech: noun)
- authorization (part of speech: noun)
- affirmation (part of speech: noun)
compliance (part of speech: noun)
- pretext (part of speech: noun)
- guarantee (part of speech: noun)
- "Edward Caldwell Moore Outline of the History of Christian Thought Since Kant", Edward Moore.
- "Comrade Yetta", Albert Edwards.
- "Mastery of Self", Frank Channing Haddock.