Definition of affix:
- That which is affixed; an appendage; esp. one or more letters or syllables added at the end of a word; a suffix; a postfix.
- To attach, unite, or connect with; as, names affixed to ideas, or ideas affixed to things; to affix a stigma to a person; to affix ridicule or blame to any one.
- To fix or fasten figuratively; - with on or upon; as, eyes affixed upon the ground.
- To fix or fasten in any way; to attach physically.
- To subjoin, annex, or add at the close or end; to append to; to fix to any part of; as, to affix a syllable to a word; to affix a seal to an instrument; to affix one's name to a writing.
plaster over, moor, join on, augment, append, adjoin, subjoin, clip, secure, sum up, assemble, blame, tack on, supply, stick on, extend, tack, tag on, place, assign, amplify, plaster, cast up, add on, fix, impute, increase, enlarge, pin on, give, make up, supplement, hang on.
- accompany (part of speech: verb)
- join (part of speech: verb)
- attach (part of speech: verb)
- "The Portland Sketch Book", Various.
- "Rienzi", Edward Bulwer Lytton.
- "The Long Lane's Turning", Hallie Erminie Rives.