Definition of affluent :
1. A stream or river flowing into a larger river or into a lake; a tributary stream.
2. Abundant; copious; plenteous; hence, wealthy; abounding in goods or riches.
3. Flowing to; flowing abundantly.
full, loaded, besotted, cockeyed, having money to burn, replete, slopped, sozzled, sloshed, birdfeeder, large, profuse, well-endowed, in the money, deep-pocketed, complete, pixilated, liberal, fat-cat, comfortable, overflowing, plenteous, smashed, fuddled, well-heeled, wet, monied, in the lap of luxury, well-fixed, laden, plastered, generous, crocked, blind drunk, abounding, rolling in money, soaked, sufficient, fat, ample, confluent, pissed, adequate, tributary, copious, teeming, blotto, bountiful, ladened, tight, squiffy, exuberant, pie-eyed, soused, in funds, abundant, silk-stocking, made of money, feeder, comfortably off, eater, self-feeder, luxuriant, lavish, enough, flush, stiff, bird feeder, bounteous
prosperous (part of speech: adjective)
wealthy (part of speech: adjective)
- Therein were preserved the civic plate, the maces that gave dignity to their proceedings, the cups bestowed by royal or noble personages or by the affluent members of the guild in token of their affection for their town and fellowship. - "Vanishing England", P. H. Ditchfield.
- She felt very affluent. - "Peggy Stewart at School", Gabrielle E. Jackson.
- It was a gate, like you have at the top of nursery stairs in the mansions of the rich and affluent; but instead of being halfway up, it went all the way up, so that you could see into the room through the bars. - "Oswald Bastable and Others", Edith Nesbit.