Definition of age:
- A century; the period of one hundred years.
- A great period in the history of the Earth.
- A long time.
- A particular period of time in history, as distinguished from others; as, the golden age, the age of Pericles.
- In poker, the right belonging to the player to the left of the dealer to pass the first round in betting, and then to come in last or stay out; also, the player holding this position; the eldest hand.
- Mature age; especially, the time of life at which one attains full personal rights and capacities; as, to come of age; he ( or she) is of age.
- One of the stages of life; as, the age of infancy, of youth, etc.
- That part of the duration of a being or a thing which is between its beginning and any given time; as, what is the present age of a man, or of the earth?
- The latter part of life; an advanced period of life; seniority; state of being old.
- The people who live at a particular period; hence, a generation.
- The time of life at which some particular power or capacity is understood to become vested; as, the age of consent; the age of discretion.
- The whole duration of a being, whether animal, vegetable, or other kind; lifetime.
- To cause to grow old; to impart the characteristics of age to; as, grief ages us.
- To grow aged; to become old; to show marks of age; as, he grew fat as he aged.
suppurate, historic period, tread, long, progress, autumn, come on, old, still, senesce, age gap, ageing, antiquity, get along, sense, days, fresh-faced, epic, be on, years, evening, mount up, fester, under, well-preserved, the gray dollar, mature, contemporary, jump on, history, board, senescence, get along with, maturate, sexagenarian, old age, afterlife, climb on, aging, age bracket, elderliness, grow, decrepitude, the grey pound, girlish, world, peer, distillery, distiller, senescence, the turn of the century, bestride, moon, eld, aged, seniority, donkey's years, maturity, senectitude, youth, hoariness, ages, distill, afternoon, elderliness, light years, months, at, hours, advance, mount, while, tartar, senectitude, lees, coon's age, ageless, young, get on, blue moon, senior, geezerhood, youthful, hop on, long time, get on with, shape up, sequence, younger, decant, breathe, succession, come along, life.
- age (part of speech: verb)
- duration (part of speech: noun)
- adult (part of speech: adjective)
- indefinite duration (part of speech: noun)
- point of time (part of speech: noun)
- oldness (part of speech: noun)