Definition of agonized:
plaintive, grieving, dolesome, agonizing, funeral, sorrowful, deploring, rueful, painful, saddle-sore, agonised, be a toss-up, plangent, torn, regretful, sorry, bitter, bewailing, heartbroken, stiff, uncomfortable, lamentable, footsore, reserve, wailing, undecided, be thinking of/about doing something, indecision, indecisive, dolorous, weeping, irresolute, sore, woeful, bemoaning, doleful, lugubrious, aching.
- lamented (part of speech: verb)
- punished (part of speech: verb)
- pained (part of speech: verb)
- "Kildares of Storm", Eleanor Mercein Kelly.
- "Malcolm", George MacDonald.
- "O. Henry Memorial Award Prize Stories of 1921", Various.