Definition of agree:
- In good part; kindly.
- To admit, or come to one mind concerning; to settle; to arrange; as, to agree the fact; to agree differences.
- To be conformable; to resemble; to coincide; to correspond; as, the picture does not agree with the original; the two scales agree exactly.
- To correspond in gender, number, case, or person.
- To harmonize in opinion, statement, or action; to be in unison or concord; to be or become united or consistent; to concur; as, all parties agree in the expediency of the law.
- To make a stipulation by way of settling differences or determining a price; to exchange promises; to come to terms or to a common resolve; to promise.
- To make harmonious; to reconcile or make friends.
- To suit or be adapted in its effects; to do well; as, the same food does not agree with every constitution.
- To yield assent; to accede; - followed by to; as, to agree to an offer, or to opinion.
harbour, turn back, get together, check up on, pit, tot, condition, comport with, recognize, agree to, discipline, delay, sum up, agree on, eye to eye, carry, stand for, consort, check out, flout, gibe, equalise, moderate, be in harmony, crack, tally, score, agree with, equalize, play off, retard, ascertain, check, pair, find out, couple, come to an agreement, barrack, train, apply, correspond, take for, stop, throw, gybe, give, be of one mind, tote up, parallel, keep, oppose, equate, harmonize, combine, keep back, conform to, mate, rack up, match, meet, mark, prevail, contain, associate, outfit, go along with, reach an agreement, allow, obligate, add, buy, look into, reserve, quadrate, equal, affiliate, reach an understanding, favor, bind, add up, withstand, jib, side with, ensure, change course, say yes, match up, suit, chalk up, tot up, chequer, tick off, go over, total, come to terms, jeer, approve of, adjudge, determine, represent, bear, suss out, defend, be agreeable to, insure, get together, subscribe to, take, see to it, maintain, hold up, square with, get along with, hit it off, go for, support, touch, restrain, concord, go well with, harbor, control, subscribe, defy, have, mark off, come around, sustain, hold back, equip, make, watch, assort, go together, curb, acknowledge, accord, take hold, call it a go, fit out, arrest, hold, confine, deem, chord, fall in with, check off, retain, sum, square, jibe, check into, reconcile, book, synchronize, rival, accommodate, check over, break, cope with, entertain, checker, click, declare, consist, scoff, have got, harmonise, concede, fit in, be in favor of, grant, yes, see, admit, run, hit, twin, view as, halt, have no problem with, nurse, fit, hold in, summate, nod, oblige, obtain, hold with, chime, concur, go, allot, chime, tick, attune, learn, add together, be consistent, guard.
- authorize (part of speech: verb)
- agree (part of speech: verb)
- coincide (part of speech: verb)
- comply (part of speech: verb)
- promise (part of speech: verb)
- "Love Eternal", H. Rider Haggard.
- "The Madman and the Pirate", R.M. Ballantyne.
- "Phaedo The Last Hours Of Socrates", Plato.