Definition of agree :
1. In good part; kindly.
2. To admit, or come to one mind concerning; to settle; to arrange; as, to agree the fact; to agree differences.
3. To be conformable; to resemble; to coincide; to correspond; as, the picture does not agree with the original; the two scales agree exactly.
4. To correspond in gender, number, case, or person.
5. To harmonize in opinion, statement, or action; to be in unison or concord; to be or become united or consistent; to concur; as, all parties agree in the expediency of the law.
6. To make a stipulation by way of settling differences or determining a price; to exchange promises; to come to terms or to a common resolve; to promise.
7. To make harmonious; to reconcile or make friends.
8. To suit or be adapted in its effects; to do well; as, the same food does not agree with every constitution.
9. To yield assent; to accede; - followed by to; as, to agree to an offer, or to opinion.
harbor, stop, nod, equalise, sustain, give, subscribe to, reserve, come to terms, check over, restrain, recognize, defy, reach an agreement, represent, attune, keep back, hold back, gybe, mate, pit, conform to, go well with, meet, synchronize, rival, condition, reconcile, jib, discipline, score, jibe, delay, maintain, tally, stand for, take, chequer, adjudge, sum, entertain, affiliate, hold up, go, determine, be of one mind, get along with, equip, see, jeer, pair, fit out, be agreeable to, call it a go, chalk up, change course, come around, go along with, parallel, guard, control, harmonise, check up on, eye to eye, tick off, barrack, check into, equate, hold in, check, chime, agree on, go over, take for, halt, click, add together, total, see to it, yes, moderate, allot, oppose, square with, tot up, learn, be in favor of, concord, run, look into, crack, combine, match, go together, cope with, quadrate, deem, carry, contain, throw, defend, couple, add up, fit, check out, take hold, break, come to an agreement, subscribe, find out, suss out, tot, retain, twin, train, turn back, ascertain, chord, watch, declare, insure, favor, side with, allow, agree with, be consistent, hit it off, keep, tick, have no problem with, tote up, associate, bind, mark, fit in, square, comport with, acknowledge, mark off, ensure, apply, oblige, assort, nurse, agree to, hold with, consist, equalize, grant, withstand, reach an understanding, have, make, sum up, prevail, curb, admit, consort, touch, obtain, hold, have got, flout, outfit, obligate, hit, gibe, concede, book, confine, equal, support, add, go for, harbour, accord, match up, be in harmony, summate, bear, get together, retard, arrest, suit, accommodate, checker, say yes, rack up, harmonize, fall in with, buy, approve of, play off, scoff, check off, view as, correspond
authorize (part of speech: verb)
agree (part of speech: verb)
coincide (part of speech: verb)
comply (part of speech: verb)
promise (part of speech: verb)
- The head doctor seemed to agree, but as he was leaving, changed his mind. - "Love Eternal", H. Rider Haggard.
- It was as much as I could do to get Waroonga to agree to let me go with him. - "The Madman and the Pirate", R.M. Ballantyne.
- Yes, he said, I agree. - "Phaedo The Last Hours Of Socrates", Plato.