Definition of agreement:
- A concurrence in an engagement that something shall be done or omitted; an exchange of promises; mutual understanding, arrangement, or stipulation; a contract.
- Concord or correspondence of one word with another in gender, number, case, or person.
- State of agreeing; harmony of opinion, statement, action, or character; concurrence; concord; conformity; as, a good agreement subsists among the members of the council.
- The language, oral or written, embodying reciprocal promises.
concession, entente, yes, charter, cartel, cooperation, symmetricalness, exchange, disagreement, bargain, sympathy, note, proportionateness, recognition, disposition, savvy, agree, conspiracy, alliance, apprehension, companionship, correspondence, adjustment, compromise, concurrency, lease, love, chime, writ, conjunction, acclimation, affidavit, codicil, balance, enmity, intellect, fellowship, commensurateness, disagreeing, plan, negotiation, parallelism, system, concord, keeping, protocol, unison, meeting of minds, politics, blueprint, indenture, brotherhood, tactic, accommodation, acknowledgment, placement, accept, congruity, transcription, symmetry, reconciliation, reason, planning, preparation, concert, plot, goodwill, transaction, kinship, musical arrangement, fraternity, okay, capital of New Hampshire, arrangement, accord, organization, bargaining, supporting, congruence, congruency, friendship, strategy, uniformity, arrangements, understanding, harmonization, arranging, affinity, conformation, nod, unity, avowal, affiliation, common ground, interchange, tune, rapport, discernment, closeness, organisation, OK, convention, mediation.
- authorization (part of speech: noun)
- agreement (part of speech: noun)
compliance (part of speech: noun)
- harmony (part of speech: noun)
- promise (part of speech: noun)
Now, I am willing to make up your loss to you so that you may leave her as well provided for as you intended, on condition that she signs an agreement not to marry Harry, and to refuse ever again to see him.- "Won from the Waves", W.H.G. Kingston.
- "Carl and the Cotton Gin", Sara Ware Bassett.
- "Complete State of the Union Addresses from 1790 to the Present", Various.