Definition of air :
1. A musical idea, or motive, rhythmically developed in consecutive single tones, so as to form a symmetrical and balanced whole, which may be sung by a single voice to the stanzas of a hymn or song, or even to plain prose, or played upon an instrument; a melody; a tune; an aria.
2. A particular state of the atmosphere, as respects heat, cold, moisture, etc., or as affecting the sensations; as, a smoky air, a damp air, the morning air, etc.
3. An artificial or affected manner; show of pride or vanity; haughtiness; as, it is said of a person, he puts on airs.
4. Any aeriform body; a gas; as, oxygen was formerly called vital air.
5. Carriage; attitude; action; movement; as, the head of that portrait has a good air.
6. In harmonized chorals, psalmody, part songs, etc., the part which bears the tune or melody - in modern harmony usually the upper part - is sometimes called the air.
7. in motion; a light breeze; a gentle wind.
8. Intelligence; information.
9. Odoriferous or contaminated air.
10. Peculiar appearance; apparent character; semblance; manner; style.
11. Symbolically: Something unsubstantial, light, or volatile.
12. That which surrounds and influences.
13. The artificial motion or carriage of a horse.
14. The fluid which we breathe, and which surrounds the earth; the atmosphere. It is invisible, inodorous, insipid, transparent, compressible, elastic, and ponderable.
15. The peculiar look, appearance, and bearing of a person; mien; demeanor; as, the air of a youth; a heavy air; a lofty air.
16. The representation or reproduction of the effect of the atmospheric medium through which every object in nature is viewed.
17. To expose for the sake of public notice; to display ostentatiously; as, to air one's opinion.
18. To expose to heat, for the purpose of expelling dampness, or of warming; as, to air linen; to air liquors.
19. To expose to the air for the purpose of cooling, refreshing, or purifying; to ventilate; as, to air a room.
20. Utterance abroad; publicity; vent.
expression, transmit, address, publicise, air travel, post, welkin, air power, standard pressure, mail, line of merchandise, personal line of credit, line of business, gloriole, furrow, tonal pattern, lineage, be, subscriber line, transfer, line of products, aerate, channelize, line of credit, mood, melodic phrase, theme, occupation, give vent, halo, nimbus, oxygenate, denude, beam, diffuse, job, stock, character, billet, bank line, disperse, assembly line, denudate, channel, shine, send out, striving, affectedness, aura, aviation, spread, direct, circularize, radiate, breed, communication channel, advertize, gentle wind, smell, institutionalize, strip, transport, dividing line, snap, space, ventilate, broadcast, get off, blood, circulate, contrast, oxygenise, ambiance, vent, logical argument, current, study at, high, piece of cake, presence, line of work, atm, business, parentage, ancestry, airmanship, aureole, stress, railway line, phone line, line, note, publicize, place, feel, propagate, rail line, in circulation, nisus, fashionable, line of reasoning, pedigree, personal credit line, var., airwave, stemma, feeling, product line, bloodline, channelise, charge, child's play, ambience, strain, heaven, air out, commit, pipeline, argumentation, picnic, advertise, popular, ship, telephone line, course, circularise, duck soup, cinch, carry, honest, telephone circuit, institutionalise, pushover, port, walkover, transmission line, descent, straining, sort, short letter, zephyr, origin, melodic line, breath, send off, tenor, pains, crinkle, blow, agate line, glow, standard atmosphere, production line, tone, convey, credit line, pass around, blast, sky, true, crease, send, fashion, cable, style, variant, glory, activate, abroad, bare, impart, argument, disseminate, atmospheric state, oxygenize, mental strain, business line, distribute, seam, communicate, station, line of descent, blood line, demarcation, firmament, nervous strain, ventilation, wrinkle
appearance (part of speech: noun)
behavior (part of speech: noun)
air (part of speech: noun)
music (part of speech: noun)
concerto, ballad, ballet, aria, bebop, instrumental, composition, psalm, chorus, concert, music, harmony, lyric, jazz, quartet, blues, tune, melody, syncopation, score, hymn, symphony, lullaby, song, carol, sonata, ditty, arrangement, vocalization, serenade
wind (part of speech: noun)
pretension (part of speech: noun)
claim, forgery, falseness, front, facade, masquerade, device, gimmick, fraud, impersonation, pose, deceit, show, mannerism, affectation, imitation, counterfeit, stage, imposture, cover, charade, artificiality, ostentation, pretense, guise, pretension, disguise, bluff, fakery