Definition of airy:
- Consisting of air; as, an airy substance; the airy parts of bodies.
- Having an affected manner; being in the habit of putting on airs; affectedly grand.
- Having the light and aerial tints true to nature.
- Light of heart; vivacious; sprightly; flippant; superficial.
- Open to a free current of air; exposed to the air; breezy; as, an airy situation.
- Relating or belonging to air; high in air; aerial; as, an airy flight.
- Relating to the spirit or soul; delicate; graceful; as, airy music.
- Resembling air; thin; unsubstantial; not material; airlike.
- Without reality; having no solid foundation; empty; trifling; visionary.
supernal, mettlesome, peppy, attitude, nosebleed, complacency, exquisite, brisk, flippant, pert, jaunty, perky, air, sparky, lackadaisical, lofty, nuanced, sky-high, racy, blowy, airborne, subtle, kinetic, energetic, aeriform, good, atmosphere, careful, outdoors, gossamery, springy, light, verbose, gauzy, remiss, soaring, airless, perfunctory, active, aerial, visionary, unsubstantial, sheer, jazzy, pneumatic, animated, corky, spirited, closed, filmy, frolicsome, airflow, thin, wordy, current, dense, vital, lively, fragile, snappy, frisky, aired, insubstantial, fluffy, like a bull in a china shop, zippy, joyous, elevated, ethereal, high, breath, tedious, vapory, complacent, towering, thick, gusty, careless, breathable, spanking, diaphanous, happy, gay, unreal, celestial, fairylike, vivacious, out-of-doors, refined, whimsical, animate, blast, open, ventilated, long-winded, debonair, slipshod, sprightly, exposed, spacious, impractical, dainty, transparent, casual, airlike, utopian, pizzazzy, aery, bouncing, frail, stifling.
The change from the close, rank ship, to large, airy, well- furnished rooms and clean attendants, was a luxury we should have enjoyed had not the dread of cholera involved all things around us in gloom and apprehension.- "Roughing it in the Bush", Susanna Moodie.
- "Barriers Burned Away", E. P. Roe.
- "McAllister and His Double", Arthur Train.