Definition of alarmed:
afraid, spooked, secure, protective, preventable, horror-struck, controllable, affrighted, terrorized, avoidable, (with) your heart in your mouth, innocuous, harmless, hysterical, panic-stricken, safe, sound, scary.
- alarmed (part of speech: verb)
frightened (part of speech: verb)
- set on edge,
- scared stiff,
- warned (part of speech: verb)
- astonished (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Captain of the Gray-Horse Troop", Hamlin Garland.
- "Homestead on the Hillside", Mary Jane Holmes.
- "Fiesco or, The Genoese Conspiracy A Tragedy", Frederich Schiller.