Definition of alarming:
appalling, majestic, horrifying, sinister, creepy, frightening, gruesome, scary, redoubtable, dreaded, terrific, unnerving, terrifying, spine-chilling, imposing, portentous, hair-raising, menacing, creepy-crawly, direful, nightmarish, bloodcurdling, dread, dismaying, threatening, hairy, frightful, horrendous, grim, scarey, ghastly, noble, eerie, minatory, shivery, horrible, dire, horrific, awful, stupefying, baleful, petrifying, fearsome, stately, formidable, grisly, august, macabre, chilling, ugly, fearful, awesome, dreadful, solemn, minacious, spooky, forbidding, terrible, atrocious, shuddery, grand, ominous.
- alarming (part of speech: verb)
- frightening (part of speech: verb)
- warning (part of speech: verb)
- awful (part of speech: adjective)
- "What Maisie Knew", Henry James.
- "The Seaboard Parish, Complete", George MacDonald.
- "Captivating Mary Carstairs", Henry Sydnor Harrison.