Definition of alias:
- A second or further writ which is issued after a first writ has expired without effect.
- Another name; an assumed name.
- At another time.
- Otherwise; otherwise called; - a term used in legal proceedings to connect the different names of any one who has gone by two or more, and whose true name is for any cause doubtful; as, Smith, alias Simpson.
- "With Haig on the Somme", D. H. Parry.
- "Hopalong Cassidy", Clarence E. Mulford.
I thought she was a certain Helen Malony, alias Bridget O'Shaughnessy, alias many other names, who was nothing more nor less than the agent of a clever band of thieves who had lifted thousands of dollars of swag in the line of household silver, valuable books, diamonds, and other things from private houses, where she had been employed in various capacities.- "Paste Jewels", John Kendrick Bangs.