Definition of alien:
- A foreigner; one owing allegiance, or belonging, to another country; a foreign- born resident of a country in which he does not possess the privileges of a citizen. Hence, a stranger. See Alienage.
- Not belonging to the same country, land, or government, or to the citizens or subjects thereof; foreign; as, alien subjects, enemies, property, shores.
- One excluded from certain privileges; one alienated or estranged; as, aliens from God's mercies.
- To alienate; to estrange; to transfer, as property or ownership.
- Wholly different in nature; foreign; adverse; inconsistent ( with); incongruous; - followed by from or sometimes by to; as, principles alien from our religion.
extrinsic, terra incognita, odd, repugnant, special, disaffect, MiGr, outlander, supervenient, accidental, adventitious, cyborg, strange, different, foreigner, extraterrestrial, stranger, unknown, native, outsider, alienate, offbeat, opposed, unique, estrange, cyberpunk, beam up, noncitizen, earthling, unusual, newcomer, extraterrestrial being, out of the ordinary, study at, exotic, surprising, ET, unknown quantity, beam down, dissimilar, remarkable, notable, nonnative, gaijin, android, foreign, android, unknown region, overseas.
- aeronaut (part of speech: noun)
- foreigner (part of speech: noun)
- unrelated (part of speech: adjective)
extraneous (part of speech: adjective)
- "Where the World is Quiet", Henry Kuttner.
- "Lore of Proserpine", Maurice Hewlett.
- "The Hollow of Her Hand", George Barr McCutcheon.