Definition of alive:
- Exhibiting the activity and motion of many living beings; swarming; thronged.
- Having life, in opposition to dead; living; being in a state in which the organs perform their functions; as, an animal or a plant which is alive.
- Having susceptibility; easily impressed; having lively feelings, as opposed to apathy; sensitive.
- In a state of action; in force or operation; unextinguished; unexpired; existent; as, to keep the fire alive; to keep the affections alive.
- Of all living ( by way of emphasis).
- Sprightly; lively; brisk.
brisk, hip, hot, existent, resilient, kinetic, live, humming, thought-provoking, energetic, ready, subsisting, interesting, intriguing, mortal, knowledge, astir, quick, aware, breathing, big, bustling, active, going, awareness, sentient, newsworthy, unrecorded, ware, lively, growing, abuzz, awake, vibrant, thriving, dynamic, full of life, rousing, running, immediate, sensible, springy, around, gripping, busy, lifeless, conscious, living, witting, existing, spirited, happening, revived, apprehensive, aboil, surviving, life, sharp, operational, on, wise, working, rich, sensitive, operative, functional, vital, mindful, vigorous, vivacious, viable, functioning, immortal, spellbinding, abubble, fascinating, alert, present, current, original, in progress, hopping, exciting, buzzing, at this time, animated, modern-day, flourishing, cognizant, rife, bouncy, enlivened, reanimated, dead, prevailing, action, extant, replete, liveborn, operating.
- "A Fool There Was", Porter Emerson Browne.
- "Charlotte's Inheritance", M. E. Braddon.
- "The Weavers, Complete", Gilbert Parker Last Updated: March 14, 2009.