Definition of alleged:
- accused (part of speech: verb)
- pleaded (part of speech: verb)
- sued (part of speech: verb)
- ostensible (part of speech: adjective)
After the guard was through making his report the patient asked the commanding officer whether this alleged offense would prevent his release in July of this year, as he had been promised if he conducted himself well.- "Studies in Forensic Psychiatry", Bernard Glueck.
- "The Constitutional History of England From 1760 to 1860", Charles Duke Yonge.
Under these circumstances it is clear that Major Anderson acted upon his own responsibility, and without authority, unless, indeed, he had " tangible evidence of a design to proceed to a hostile act" on the part of the authorities of South Carolina, which has not yet been alleged.- "The Rise and Fall of the Confederate Government, Vol. 1 (of 2)", Jefferson Davis.