Definition of amber :
1. A yellowish translucent resin resembling copal, found as a fossil in alluvial soils, with beds of lignite, or on the seashore in many places. It takes a fine polish, and is used for pipe mouthpieces, beads, etc., and as a basis for a fine varnish. By friction, it becomes strongly electric.
3. color, or anything amber- colored; a clear light yellow; as, the amber of the sky.
4. Consisting of amber; made of amber.
5. Resembling amber, especially in color; amber- colored.
6. The balsam, liquidambar.
7. To preserve in amber; as, an ambered fly.
8. To scent or flavor with ambergris; as, ambered wine.
baby-blue, cultured pearl, tan, black, atomic number 79, yellowish, bluish, beige, amethyst, alabaster, pearl, mother-of-pearl, coral, tortoiseshell, chromatic, avocado, blue, azure, jade, rhinestone, paste, yellow-brown, brownish-yellow, brown
resin (part of speech: noun)
copalite, myrrh, gum shellac, agar, chicle, lacquer, balsam, gum, coal tar, gutta-percha, pitch, guaiacum, rosin, oleoresin, ambergris, mastic, frankincense, mineral pitch, algin, tar, shellac, resin, varnish, gum ammoniac, bitumen, asphalt, camphor, sealing wax
yellow (part of speech: adjective)
gold, buff, honey, crocus, dandelion, sunny, saffron, maize, sunshine, aurin, yellow, canary, creamy, sulfur, chartreuse, tawny, citron, honey-colored, sandy, buttery, jasmine, champagne, primrose, ecru, xanthic, gilded, golden, fallow, straw, flaxen, mustard, cream-colored, jaundiced, sallow, lemon, goldenrod
- Am'ber, the color of amber, yellow. - "McGuffey's Fifth Eclectic Reader", William Holmes McGuffey.
- It happened to be a glorious autumn day, with the sunlight streaming gold and amber over the grassy slopes. - "The Mysterious Rider", Zane Grey.
- Across the river from their stopping- place, where an amber sun was going down, the horizon was near. - "The Plow-Woman", Eleanor Gates.