Definition of ambition:
ardor, rivalry, hope, aspiration, earnestness, lust, vigor, inhalation, opposition, desire, zeal, dream, dreaming, push, spirit, point, breathing in, indifference, itch, enterprise, appetite, energy, ambitiousness, craving, apathy, pipe dream, passion, yearning, design, meaning, longing, why, hankering, planned, intent, end, emulation, thirst, mark, purpose, competition, intake, avidity, get-up-and-go, inspiration, view, drive, ambitiousness.
- intention (part of speech: noun)
- pursuit (part of speech: noun)
- "Wonderful Adventures of Mrs. Seacole in Many Lands", Mary Seacole Commentator: W. H. Russell.
- "Counsel for the Defense", Leroy Scott.
- "Lady Rose's Daughter", Mrs. Humphry Ward.